Robert Griffin III (RG3) has been released from the Redskins after the on again, off again relationship has seemed to meet its end. The once revered quarterback now has to figure out what he is going to do in the future and where he will do it.
There are some obvious teams that he will probably consider as there is still a lot of interest in him but what remains to be seen is whether or not he will be a starting quarterback again. Something tells me that he could go to a lesser team right now and probably start. Some of the teams considering him (or should be) are the following:
- Dallas Cowboys – They need a strong backup quarterback because Tony Romo seems to be getting more and more fragile with age. The once strong “Brett Favre” like QB has missed more games in the past two season than he has played in.
- San Francisco 49ers – Chip Kelly should take this kid under his wing and try to get as much out of him as possible. He could potentially be a starter depending on what Kelly thinks after the off-season.
- Denver Broncos – After losing Osweiler to the Texans, the Broncos desperately need a quarterback who can manage the game (not saying Griffin is that guy} and the number of QB’s on the open market is shrinking by the day.
- Cleveland Browns – The Browns have been making mistakes with quarterbacks since being deactivated back in 1996 so why not take another gamble with Griffin.
- New York Jets – Unless Fitzpatrick resigns with the Jets, they are going to be in dire need for a QB.
- Los Angeles Rams – That’s right…the LA Rams are back and they need a QB like no other.
That’s really just a few teams out of a lot more that should be at least considering Griffin as a starter or backup quarterback. I don’t think he will ever make it big in the NFL (at least how he was predicted to coming out of college) but it will be interesting to see where he ends up. He has been very quiet over the past season and has handled his business the right way.
It was a blessing guys. I just want to say thank you. pic.twitter.com/wzHbsRMlhL
— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) March 7, 2016